For now, this is the passion project of me, Bridget McKenzie. My plan is to form a charitable company with a group of others, and a wider network of collaborators and supporters. Please connect if you want to join me and help me learn more about how to serve your needs by completing this survey.
It will draw on my experience as director of Flow Associates helping cultural organisations thrive so that in turn their audiences can learn, create, connect and flourish. For example, we work with Happy Museum evaluating this programme for museums across the UK to explore wellbeing through an environmental frame.
I’m sticking with Flow as my day job for now, although I’ve gone down to 4 days a week to have some extra time.
Although the key aim is to create a mobile museum, it will also pull the following projects that I run under the umbrella of Climate Museum UK:
- Everyday Ecocide: Challenging an ecocidal mindset in our media and culture, including denial and erasure of climate change
- Beuysterous: Promoting creative activism for trees and forests, as protecting and planting forests are key to climate action
- Possible Culture: Resources, training and conference speaking – for cultural organisations to anticipate future environmental and social challenges.
In addition, there is potential to develop the Big Green Game (for communities to play in green spaces, providing them with tools and motivations to continue to green their lives), as well as a project to inspire young people to litigate for climate justice.
I’ll continue to support and partner with:
- Culture Unstained: Challenging sponsorship of cultural organisations by fossil fuel industries
- Lost Species: Supporting the annual Remembrance Day for Lost Species.
- ONCA: Creating space for change, based in Brighton
I am a Creative Climate Leader. Creative Climate Leadership is a new programme for artists and cultural professionals to explore the cultural dimensions of climate change, and take action with impact, creativity and resilience. It’s coordinated by Julie’s Bicycle and supported by Creative Europe. I developed the plan for Climate Museum UK as a pledge following my participation in this.