We are an emerging mobile museum creatively stirring and collecting responses to the Climate and Ecological Emergency.
We commission and make creative activities, games and artworks, and collect books and ephemera, and then use these in events and digital projects to engage with professional and public audiences. Through workshops, we help professionals in cultural, educational or environmental organisations to explore these complex issues in conversational, creative & object-based ways. Through pop-up installations or bespoke creative activities, we help public or educational audiences to learn, create and take positive action.
Our pop-up museum: We have a kit of ‘loose parts’ – props and curious objects, infographics, games, activities and a library – that can be installed differently to suit each host. It suits indoor spaces in museums, libraries, schools, visitor centres, or empty shops. See the photos from our pop-up exhibition in Brighton.
Digital museum: We’re developing a digital presence, of collections of climate art and information, currently using Pinterest. We are also planning a ‘distributed commons’ of climate-related artefacts, sites & resources across the UK. We are running social campaigns.
Workshops for teams: We can run half-day or full day workshops for teams in cultural or campaign organisations to explore topics such as:
- Grasping the situation: What is the Climate & Ecological Emergency?
- Cultural response: How can we work with our communities and audiences in this situation of Emergency?
- Changing organisations: How does the Emergency throw into question our mission, our structure, and our values?
We can also offer short talks or longer bespoke commissions.
Advocacy: Playing a role in UK-wide and international initiatives furthering the role of culture in climate action and regenerative economies. A key project is Culture Declares Emergency.
If you want to contribute:
- Follow and promote us on Instagram, on Twitter and Facebook
- Read and comment on the blogposts
- You can be a pinner on a Pinterest board, write a blogpost, or suggest resources we might collect or link to
- You can invite us to an event, to organise a workshop, host a Pop-up or more
- You can donate an artwork, a book, printed resource or creative tool
- Or just connect – and ask to be added to a mailing list for occasional news.