We are an emerging mobile museum creatively stirring responses to the Climate and Ecological Emergency. We support Cultural & Civic workers to explore climate change and related issues in ways that help their communities to learn, create and take positive action. We do this through:
A pop-up museum: A kit of ‘loose parts’ – props and curious objects, infographics, games, activities and a library – that can be installed differently to suit each host. It suits indoor spaces in museums, libraries, schools, visitor centres, or empty shops.
Digital museum: We’re developing a digital presence, of collections of climate art and information, for now using Pinterest. We are also planning a ‘distributed commons’ of climate-related artefacts, sites & resources across the UK. We are running social campaigns. We also capture responses when people take part in pop-up events and workshops.
Workshops for teams: We can run half-day or full day workshops for teams in cultural or campaign organisations to explore:
- Grasping the situation: What is the Emergency?
- Cultural response: How can we work with our communities and audiences in this situation of Emergency?
- Changing organisations: How does the Emergency throw into question our mission, our structure, and our values?
We can also offer short talks or longer bespoke commissions.
Advocacy: Playing a role in UK-wide and international initiatives furthering the role of culture in climate action and regenerative economies. A key project is Culture Declares Emergency.
If you want to contribute:
- Follow and promote us on Instagram, on Twitter and Facebook
- Read and comment on the blogposts
- You be a pinner on a Pinterest board, write a blogpost, or suggest resources we might collect or link to
- You can invite us to an event, fix a workshop, host a Pop-up or more
- You can donate an artwork, a book, printed resource or creative tool
- Or just connect – and ask to be added to a mailing list for occasional news.