ABOUT OUR DIGITAL MUSEUM
Climate Museum UK may one day have a building you can visit. For now, we work by popping up in places and doing stuff online. Since March 2020, due to Covid-19 our projects have been mainly online, with events in Zoom and some projects using blogs and social media.
Read our blogposts which track our evolution and share news.
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter here.
And read on for more about our more about our SOCIAL CAMPAIGNS and THEMED COLLECTIONS.
1. Extreme Weather Stories
A growing collection of experiences and stories about extreme weather, which is being worsened by climate breakdown.
2. Everyday Ecocide
3. Stories of Extraction
Our Activist Museum Award has allowed us to enquire into Digital Commons Collecting and the idea of Extractivism. We’re looking into how to put an #EcoLensOnThings – highlighting the climate and ecology stories behind art, history & science collections online.
4. Climate Music
We are growing a collection of music and songs about climate change and the environment. We’ve also held Climate Open Mic nights.
5. Other digital projects
- #TimeToMend, a campaign to encourage people to mend things rather than buy new, during lockdown when shops were closed and people were off work
- #ActsOfTreeKindness, challenges & resources during the Urban Tree Festival
- #DrawingEnergy, our contribution to #ChildrensArtWeek – daily art activities exploring different aspects of energy
- #MyClimateMuseum – during the Big Draw Climate Festival we launch the call to people to create and share their personal climate museums
- #CultureTakesAction – sharing the ways that arts and culture can tackle the Earth crisis
- Book reviews, inviting supporters to write reviews of books that are in our collection, posted on our blog.
We are collecting responsively to an enormous and complex issue, aiming to share resources urgently for learning and inspiration. The biggest collection is on Pinterest, many thousands of visual bookmarks linking through to articles, artworks and tools across the internet.